Advanced & Non-Surgical Periodontal Care
KONSTANTINE TRICHAS, DDS?
- FELLOWSHIP Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Awarded to Only 7% of Dentists Nationwide
- Implant Placement Performed by on Staff Specialist Certified as Both a Periodontist & Prosthodontist
- Dental Anesthesiologist on Staff Providing IV Sedation for Relaxed Dental Experience
- World Class Master Ceramist Creates Artistic Restoration for the Perfect Smile
Dr. Konstantine Trichas is proud to offer our patients comprehensive, non-surgical treatment options for periodontal (gum) disease. Millions of people across America are affected by gum disease, a condition which can lead to serious dental problems (including tooth loss) and even increase overall health risks. It is very important to have regular oral check-ups to detect gum disease and treat it before it gets worse. Dr. Trichas and his team can enhance both the health and appearance of the gums with successful results.
Symptoms Of Gum Disease
Gum disease is caused by a buildup of bacterial plaque that grows around the teeth and inside the gums. Since plaque between the teeth and around the gumline can be difficult to completely remove, even those with good oral hygiene routines can develop gum disease. If left untreated, gum disease can severely damage – and even destroy – the bone and gums that give the teeth support. Severe gum disease can also lead to a higher risk of stroke, heart disease, and other life-threatening conditions. Symptoms of gum disease include:
- Red, swollen, or bleeding gums
- Separation between the gums and teeth
- Loose teeth or teeth that are falling out
- Teeth movement or shifting
- Changes in the way your teeth are fitting together as you bite
- Changes in the fit of partial dentures
- Bad breath or bad taste in the mouth
In addition to having regular oral check-ups at least twice each year, you should contact an experienced dentist at the first sign of gum disease.
Scaling And Root Planing
Deep scaling and root planing is one of the most common treatment methods to reduce the effects of gum disease and prevent it from getting worse. This non-surgical periodontal treatment removes tartar and plaque in deep pockets within the gums and around the tooth roots. Once bacteria is removed, the gums are thoroughly cleansed and typically treated with a quick laser procedure to provide a strong seal to the teeth. The laser treatment can also help the gums heal faster and reduce discomfort following the procedure.
Laser Dentistry For Gum Care
By using state-of-the-art laser dentistry techniques, Dr. Trichas and his dental team can perform a range of gum treatments without the need for invasive surgery and extended recovery times. Laser dentistry reduces bleeding and risk of infection during the procedure, and it offers a quicker treatment time than methods of the past. It is also virtually painless, and it can significantly reduce healing time after treatment. With advanced lasers, the team at Upper East Side Dental Arts can perform periodontal procedures including:
- Gum disease treatment
- Cosmetic gum recontouring (“gummy smile” treatment)
- Excess gum tissue removal
- Crown lengthening
- Cleansing of periodontal pockets
- Canker sore removal
Here at our practice, we utilize some of the most technologically advanced laser systems available. Dr. Trichas is committed to making your visit with us as effective and comfortable as possible.